This policy has been prepared with due regard to the data protection laws applicable to the data processing activities performed by us in the countries in which we operate (“applicable laws”), including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and any subsequent amendment or legislation passed to enact GDPR into UK law. Although the GDPR applies to EU subjects and processing in the EU, we have chosen to apply the GDPR standard of data protection to all data subjects whose personal information we collect and process irrespective of the place of collection and processing. This notwithstanding, it may still be necessary to apply different standards in response to the laws in different countries and it is possible that we may issue addendums for specific countries in which we operate, and where appropriate.
Information we collect and what we use it for
To access certain areas of the website, we may need you to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us and/or our official partners to provide you with the services you select. When you provide such personal information, you accept that we may retain your personal information and that it may be held by us or any third party that processes it on our behalf for the purposes of providing the information, goods or services which you have requested. Any third parties who process personal information on our behalf are required to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the personal information that they process for us. When we provide you with products or services we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and payment card details.
When you submit your CV and/or application for a particular role to us, this will be used solely in connection with your application and will not be shared with third parties other than those engaged by us in connection with the recruitment process, such as recruitment consultants or agencies.
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request or have expressed an interest in
- Marketing to you via email, phone, mobile messaging, direct mail, or social media
- Administering any competitions, voting, quizzes, and or other offers/promotions which you enter
- Creating an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- Communicating with you if any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- Fraud screening and prevention purposes
- Record keeping purposes
- Market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer
- Activity logging on our digital platforms
- Personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms
- Personalise any communications that we may send you
- Responding to your enquiries and requests in an efficient and effective manner
When you sign up with us for an online account, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our official partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out market research.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how our fans use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications:
- How you have reached our digital platform, the internet protocol (IP) address you have used, and the MAC address of your device
- Your operating system, browser type, versions and plug-ins
- Your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- Content you have viewed and the duration
- Offers you have redeemed
- Which adverts you saw and responded to
- Which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- Your current subscription status
- Information collected in any forms you complete
- Location based services
We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our digital platforms.
We may also generate, use and disclose aggregated and/or anonymised information and statistics about our website and digital platform visitors for marketing and strategic purposes. However, no visitor will be individually identifiable from these aggregated and/or anonymised information and statistics.
There are two broad categories of cookies – ‘first party cookies’ and ‘third party cookies’. First party cookies are cookies that are served directly by the website operator to your computer and are used only by the website operator to recognise your computer when it revisits that site. Third party cookies are served by a service provider on behalf of the website operator and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer when it visits other websites. Third party cookies are most commonly used for website analytics or advertising purposes.
The cookies that are set by visiting this website include:
- _ga: Google Analytics cookie, which is used to distinguish users.
- __utm*: Google Analytics non-personally identifiable information used for website analytics.
- _atuvc: associated with the AddThis social sharing widget
- _atuvs: associated with the AddThis social sharing widget
Disclosure of your information
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, payment processing organisations, delivery organisations, fraud prevention and screening and credit risk management companies, and mailing houses.
We may share your data with advertising networks and/or social media platforms for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant adverts to you via those networks/platforms, and to search engine and analytics providers.
We may share your data with third parties:
- if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so
- if it is necessary to do so to enforce our terms and conditions of sale or other contractual rights
- to lawfully assist the police or security services with the prevention and detection of crime or terrorist activity
- where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons
- and/or (e) otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
Updates and your rights
If you would like to update your records, you can do so by changing your profile on our website. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. Please write to us at the address published on our contact section should you wish to do so.
We will provide a copy of your information free of charge. However, if the request is deemed manifestly unfounded or excessive then we will charge a ‘reasonable fee’ covering our administration costs.
Changes to this Policy
SecurityWe have security procedures in place to protect our physical records and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal information may involve the transmission of personal information on an international basis. Therefore, by using our websites and digital platforms and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of personal information in this way. However, we will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through our websites and in accordance with strict data protection standards.