Bill and Cath Costley founded Costley & Costley in 1988 and today they are one of the most prestigious hoteliers in Scotland. In 2006 they were awarded the accolade of Scottish Hotel Group of the Year. The company recognises that it is essential to control costs whilst maximising customer satisfaction.
Client: Costley & Costley
Location: 8 Locations Throughout Ayrshire
Date Completed: August 2018
Costley & Costley had already identified that the need was for reliable, easy to operate, Touch Screen Epos System and Handheld Epos as it this would provide them with the greatest flexibility and capability during peak times. The hotels would need to be able to have a direct link from the Epos System to the property management system (HOP Software). Both the hotels and the Inns would need to be controlled from head office for product maintenance and financial and stock management.
After evaluating several options, Costley and Costley decided that the most suitable option for their requirements would be to install the Sharp Epos System into their hotels. The system comprises of over 25 networked Epos terminals, with Sharp POS software together with the integration to a Sharpsoft back-office package. The Sharp Epos terminals communicate seamlessly with the HOP Software PMS Software. We worked closely with Costley & Costley Hoteliers and as a result gained a deep understanding of the project requirements.
Since ACR Epos Systems installed the networked RZ-E601 & Handheld Tablets, a number of benefits have already been seen:
- The restaurants are able to offer a speedier service
- All items charged to a room are instantly on the customers bill
- The installation of the kitchen printers has proved so successful
- that kitchen printers will be rolled out across all of the
- restaurants within the group
- The daily collection of wet & dry data has proved highly
- beneficial, which means that stock control has greatly improved
- GP has increased approx. 2-3%
- The ease of use of the systems has meant that training has
- been managed with ease
- The central control means that menu and price changes are
- made and then downloaded at the time specified
The installation was completed on schedule and more sites can be added with ease as the company expands. To date 3 inns and 5 hotels have had the Sharp Epos system implemented